In 2018, Techweek is focusing its stories and event programme on one simple idea: Innovation that’s good for the world.
Following the success of the Techweek’17 focus on finding local answers to global questions, we spent months researching New Zealand’s innovation ecosystem to uncover the things that make it unique. Here are a couple of things we now know to be true:
- New Zealand innovators are purpose-driven and focused on finding solutions to challenges faced locally and globally.
- We have a legacy of global technology and innovation success that’s forged a path for the next generation of innovators.
- Our culture of innovation and ingenious ecosystem is deeply connected across sectors and cities.
- New Zealand’s remote location has, by necessity, created a culture of creative thinking that rewards truly unique solutions.
- Our country is small, progressive and stable, making it the ideal testing ground for ideas with impact.
There’s so much to celebrate here, and it’s our mission at Techweek to do just that, but we’ve chosen the first point as our rallying cry because it makes us so so proud.
We are proud that New Zealand is known for innovative thinking that’s good for the world, and we're ready to take these stories global.