Innovation Workshop – Rethinking Solutions, thriving, not just surviving.Register on Eventbrite
Wed 18 May 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Byte - Digital Hub - Greymouth, 1 Guinness Street, Greymouth
Techweek22 will explore and showcase the unique characteristics of the tech and innovation sector, which is growing rapidly. Techweek is about people, relationships, community, and connectedness. Join us for a useful workshop from innovation leader, Dorenda Britten.
This half day workshop, presented by Dorenda Britten, is designed for organisations and individuals that are intent on being leaders in their field in a rapidly changing environment.
Backed by solid Principles, this course is unlike any other professional development offering with a focus on how to think, not what to think.
You will be introduced to a series of fundamental Principles that will help assess and shape valuable ideas and initiatives that will drive positive change within your organisations, attract new talent and bring new value to client relationships. Following these Principles, you can be confident about the adaptive and timely value of new systems, services and products.
The intention is to open up conversations about what businesses and their clients are facing, over and above technical compliance, in today’s complex and dynamic business environment.
You own the process. Dorenda challenges you to be different, to see the bigger picture, create new rules and shake up the system.
1. Learn to think about the shape of successful businesses in the future and how they will need to achieve positive social, environmental, and financial outcomes.
2. Understand how to ‘create the space,’ where deep-thinking is a deliberate step of every innovation process.
3. Understand the need to slow your product, service or system development down in order to get it right, eliminating the need for expensive last-minute rework. We call this slowing down to speed up.
4. Understand why you need to be asking critical questions, who to involve and how to use our Framework to carve out your distinct advantage.
5. Understand team dynamics and how to make the most of the skills you have and finding those resources that you don’t have in your teams.
About the presenter:
Dorenda Britten Ltd was established in 2015 by Dorenda Britten. She is a motivated woman with a goal to make an impact in the world. Her background is wonderfully varied and entrepreneurial, both in New Zealand and overseas. Her career began in design, moved to cargo shipping in the Pacific, then to property development in New Zealand, before returning to design. Dorenda’s mothers’ family comes from the West Coast and she spent much of her formative years here.
Dorenda is a challenger and future-thinker, whose work is founded on a design principles platform. Her small team, including university students, work hard to help turn her aspirations into reality.
Learn more about Dorenda Britten Ltd here:
“Dorenda provided an insightful, thought-provoking and challenging workshop that encouraged participants to view decisions and design choices from a much wider and more holistic viewpoint. For me, the workshop was a real ‘breath of fresh air’.” - Anthony Blom, Manager, Auckland Transport
"Very insightful. The workshop reflected a theme we are seeing more and more from our clients and that is their concern that what they do fits with their overall purpose rather than just their bottom line." - Jenna Murray of BDO